Friday, September 14, 2012

A Belated Week 15 Wrap.

Week 15 overall went well.  We're now juggling scheduling with preschool, which eats up parts of our Mondays.  But, since Mondays are usually a science read-aloud, fluency, and something fairly easy for math, it's not too bad.

Respectfulness went about as well as can be imagined for a 4 year old.  It's getting better, but for most of the week, I've wanted to hit myself over the head with a shovel.  However, we made progress, we got through our schoolwork, everything was mostly uneventful, and we carry on from there.

This week, we are doing Not Week 16.  Monkey and I are leaving town to go back to my mother's house for a funeral this week.  We're leaving early Monday morning, and probably returning on Wednesday.  Because I'm so completely wrecked (a friend of mine died unexpectedly at 34 {natural causes} and the funeral arrangements have only recently been set), I'm not focusing properly, and I don't want to subject Monkey to half-assed teaching.

Instead, I will take my child, who is obsessed with all things relating to death and dying, and bring him to a funeral and hope for the best.  I need to say goodbye to an old friend, and this is the only way it would make sense to do so.  So Rowena's Browncoat Academy is closed for the week, and we will pick up week 16 when we return.  Hopefully, that will turn out to be the smarter move.

No comments:

Post a Comment