Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Week 10, Day 4

This should probably be alternatively titled "Mommy is entirely too under-caffeinated for this."

Reading: Today I wanted to do some more work on sight words.  Skeeve had done a review mid-week on the sight words, and Monkey did really well, so I was expecting this to be a not-big-deal.  Turns out, I was mistaken.  Instead of doing the first bunch of sight words, then moving on to the second set, we did the first set and kept at them.  I think we're going to keep that going, and see what happens.  I still need to do a review of Unit 3, but that can be done whenever we have time.

Math: We didn't have math today, though we did talk about numbers when we went for a walk, and we talked about coins as we cleaned and found pennies, nickels, and dimes, so I suppose that's really a review in and of itself.  So, I suppose we'll play some games and review sorting-for-counting over our 'weekend' and see what happens.

Extras: We didn't have any of our usual extras.  Today is Grocery Shopping Day!  So, it's a lot of social, and a lot of how-stores-work.

All in all, a very relaxed sort of day, which is a good thing, as I'm woefully under-caffeinated for the day.  I've been trying to schedule things so that Tuesdays are a light day.  We're not behind in any way, and if I leave Tuesdays for a light day, it gives us the day for review if we need it.  Of course, the hard part is that Tuesdays are grocery days, so we have to make sure to hustle and get things done early, before Omero wakes for the day and we all go shopping.  Once shopping is done and Omero is up, there's no going back - Monkey is thoroughly wound up, and won't work at all.  He will work on things if it's just him and either Skeeve or me, but any more than that, and it's just... no.  Pulling teeth is easy comparatively...  Anyway!  Week 10 wrapped up on a high note, and week 11 will see us reviewing most of week 10, just for the sake of a "quarter" review.

No comments:

Post a Comment